Sunday, January 16, 2011

5..4..3..2..1..HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 1/1/11


Happy New Year Everyone!

We can't believe its 2011 and at the same time we are THRILLED to be starting a new year as Team Downey!!

New Year celebrations have changed for us in the last few years.  Gone are the days of getting together with friends to ring in the New Year. The last few years we found ourselves saying things like "I don't want to be on the road with drunk drivers, let’s stay home" or "I don't know if I can stay up until midnight do you?”  I was told that it’s our age and that things like that happen as you get older and mature, I disagreeing.  I think for us New Years Eve has become a time to be together as a family so we can reflect on the year coming to an end and talk about our hopes for the coming year. I hope that as our family grows we are able to continue spending the New Year as a little unit!  It's not that we don't love being with our family and friends because we absolutely do and I am sure there will be many times we will spend New Year with them.  In fact this year we started our night out to dinner with some of our framily (framily - friend family) and it was so much fun, we would love to do it again but for the actual count down it was just the two of us and I loved it, we were home, together, in our pj's ringing in the New Year with a little bubbly.

Here are some photos from our party of 2 :)




No comments:

Post a Comment